To watch your local PBS station's live stream on the Safari browser, you'll need to enable location sharing with PBS.org. If you are using another browser, select it from the list below to see instructions for your browser:
If you see the error message "We could not determine your device's location" when attempting to view the live stream, please follow the steps below to enable location sharing.
On a Mac Computer
- On your Mac computer, open System Preferences, either on your Dock or along the menu by selecting the Apple icon > System Preferences.
- Within System Preferences, select Security & Privacy.
- Within Security & Privacy, select Location Services on the left-hand side. Location Services may already be selected by default when opening Security & Privacy.
- Within Location Services, confirm that the box to the left of Enable Location Services is checked to show that location services are enabled.
- If the box is not checked, select the lock icon at the bottom of the window to make changes.
- You may be prompted to enter your computer's personal login credentials to confirm your access. Enter your name and password and select Unlock to confirm.
- Select the box next to Enable Location Services to check the box.
- Return to the pbs.org live stream on your Safari browser. Refresh the page at the top of your browser. Once the page refreshes, you should be able to view the live stream.
For additional help, please see Apple's support page on enabling location sharing here.
If you continue to receive the above error message, we also recommend confirming that you have enabled location sharing for pbs.org within your Safari preferences.
- With the Safari browser open on the pbs.org live stream, select the Safari option at the top of your screen. A list of additional options will appear.
- Select Preferences from the list of additional options.
- While within Safari Preferences, select the Websites option listed along the top of Preferences.
- While within Websites, select Location from the left-hand list of General options.
- On the right, pbs.org should appear under Currently Open Websites. To the right of pbs.org is an option showing Ask/Deny. Select this option, and then select Allow.
- Close the Preferences window to return to the pbs.org live stream. Refresh the page at the top of your browser. Once the page refreshes, you should be able to view the live stream.
On an iPhone or iPad
- Tap on your device's Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Make sure that Location Services is On. If Location Services if Off, tap Location Services and tap the switch on the right to enable Location Services. The switch on the right will change from gray to green to show it is enabled.
- Scroll down and tap the Safari Websites option.
- Select Ask Next Time or While Using the App to update your location services preferences for Safari on your device.
- Visit the live stream on PBS.org and you should now be able to view the live stream.