As of June 2023, the PBS app is supported on iOS 13.0 or later.
How to Check Your Current iOS Version
To see what iOS your device is operating on, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad > General > About.
- You will see a number listed on the right of Version indicating your device's iOS.
Options if Your Device is No Longer Supported
For users with older iOS versions, we regret to inform you that the latest update for the PBS app is not compatible on your device. While you will still be able to access an older version of the PBS app, this version is no longer up to date or maintained. This means that the newest features, options, and even shows or episodes in some cases will not be accessible.
- We recommended checking your iPhone/iPad to see if a new iOS update is available (Settings > General > Software Update). If an update to iOS 13.0 or later is available, download and install it.
- You can also try using PBS.org on the browser of your iPhone/iPad, but are likely to encounter similar video playback issues if your device cannot run iOS 13.0 or later.
- Use an alternative device instead such as a computer or supported smart TV or TV streaming device. Learn more about our currently supported devices by clicking here.