You are able to watch PBS videos on your Apple TV, but you must first activate the app on your Apple TV. The activation steps are similar regardless of whether or not you have the Passport member benefit (Learn more about Passport).
Not sure if you have an active Passport benefit? Click here to enter your email address and check
If you have already activated the PBS app on your Apple TV and have Passport, but your Passport benefit is not being recognized, please see this page for more help.
- First, download the PBS app from your Apple TV's App Store app. Open App Store, search for "PBS", and then select Get on the app screen. If you need more help downloading apps on your Apple TV, please see Apple TV's support site here. Don't see an App Store option on your Apple TV? You may have an older Apple TV model where the app is already installed on your home screen.
- Once you have installed the app, open it from your Apple TV home screen.
- Select Activate Now.
- Take note of the activation code.
- On your computer, tablet, or phone, open a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Type pbs.org/activate in the address bar.
- Type your activation code in the text box provided.
- Click Continue
- Sign in with a PBS account, or Facebook, Google, or Apple ID account.
- Your Apple TV has been activated and you can return to your Apple TV to begin watching PBS videos.
For image screenshots of the app activation steps, visit our link here.